Adding All Teachers to Manage a Category

Adding All Teachers to Manage a Category

by Dan Salt -
Number of replies: 4

Hey,

I'm wanting to add all our Teachers to a category as a Course Manager. This is a category we use for training and was hoping to have them all in there to save me adding them one at a time.

I tried changing the permissions of the Teacher role on that category so they could add courses but this did not work and I am a bit stumped.

Currently using Moodle 2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Salt

Re: Adding All Teachers to Manage a Category

by Travis Wilhelm -

I thought your method of overriding the permissions of the teacher role to add courses should work - but I've tried and it doesn't work for me either on my test server (Moodle 2.4).  Is it possible that the teacher role is prohibited from adding courses (at the site level) therefore it isn't possible to override this?  (I can't see where this is set though, so I doubt it is the solution).

In reply to Travis Wilhelm

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The teacher role cannot by default add courses. See Course creator role Perhaps you could create a category cohort and assign the default role as course creator? (I haven't tried this by the way)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dan Salt -

Sorry for not getting back to you. Thanks for the replies I shall give it a try. If not I'll just have a very long boring hour ro two ahead of me adding them one at a time smile

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dan Salt -

No joy unfortunately, have to add them one at a time into he Cohort. I'll go to plan B. Thanks for your time