Moodle 2.4.3 Certificate not showing in Admin

Moodle 2.4.3 Certificate not showing in Admin

by Paul M -
Number of replies: 3
  • Moodle: 2.4.3
  • Certificate: mod_certificate_moodle24_2013021200

Ok sorry if this is a noob question.

I've unzipped and placed in /mod/certificate and I can see it under Plugins as contributed.

But I can’t see where to 'play' with it? settings etc..

Am I missing something?

UPDATE:  Yes, I was missing something! because the system is set to force MyMoodle, I never went to the actually home page, but I just deleted the /my and suddenly its prompting me to update the database (Perhaps Moodle should notify differently?),

So this has now left me with the option to upload an image, and offers no more explanation, and also the page that loads is blank.. (apart from the MyModdle navigation etc)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul M

Re: Moodle 2.4.3 Certificate not showing in Admin

by Paul M -

Ok, so i had to add a Certificate "activity" to the Course, so I can now configure it.

But, upon completing the course, it allows me to click "Exam Certificate" but loads a blank page.

Incompatible with 2.4.x?

In reply to Paul M

by Dan O'Reilly -

Hi Paul,

I am running the certificate on two installations of 2.4.1 and it works.  You might check that the permissions on the php files in the certificate directory are set to 0755.  On the one install I had to set these in order to get the certificate to work properly and one of the things that it was doing was showing a blank page.

Dan

In reply to Dan O'Reilly

by Paul M -

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply, I ended up getting it to work by uninstalling and re installing, also playing with the newer Custom Certificate mod, seemd to work once that was also installed, then i deleted the custom mod..

All ok now! also the fact that i hadnt added the Certificate to the Course didnt help!

p.s. just thought, the custom cert install probably set the permissions correctly!