Saved Certificates - PDF after ugprade from 1.9 to 2.2

Saved Certificates - PDF after ugprade from 1.9 to 2.2

by Forrest Gaston -
Number of replies: 4

I don't know if this is normal, but when I upgraded from Moodle 1.9 to 2.2 my saved certificates (ie the PDF files) didn't migrate over.  However the data and tables appear to be correct. 

Can anyone share with me what I need to do so I can moved the certificates over. 

Thanks again, 

Forrest Gaston

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Forrest Gaston

Re: Saved Certificates - PDF after ugprade from 1.9 to 2.2

by Tom Litchfield -

I'm having this problem as well, did you find a solution?

In reply to Tom Litchfield

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

If your tables have been correctly migrated during the 1.9 -> 2.x upgrade then a new certificate should be generated automatically. This is the expected behaviour. Saved pdf files are not migrated.

See CONTRIB-3232 I asked Mark about this and even contributed some code to migrate the pdf files during 1.9 -> 2.x Moodle's upgrade. But Mark think (and he may be right) that it's better to regenerate a new certificate.

Given that 1.9 certificate was very buggy, maybe it's better not to rely on a saved file that can be inexistent or corrupted.

In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Tom Litchfield -

Yes, the certificates can be generated, so if this is the expected behavior than I won't worry about it and cross it off the list of issues.

Thank you for confirming this, now on to other migration issues smile

In reply to Tom Litchfield

by Mia Musolino -

Are the certificates supposed to regenerate on their own after the upgrade, or do I have to do something to get the regeneration to occur? If you can regenerate them manually, how do you do that? I have the same thing happening after a minor upgrade between 2.4.2 to 2.4.3.