Manager Approval - Changing Manager Email Address

Manager Approval - Changing Manager Email Address

by Peter Bowen -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Alastair

When we require the managers approval, it appears as though you can change the address (It asks you if it is correct) however when you change it, it just ignores the changes.

Is this a bug, or an intentional "As Designed"

Cheers
Peter

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Bowen

Re: Manager Approval - Changing Manager Email Address

by Mia Musolino -

That's a problem for us too. I have mentioned it to Alastair and I think it would be good to either have the manager's email be not editable or, if someone changes it, to have it change on the profile, as well. The easier solution would be to make the field non-editable. Would anyone else like this change? Should we enter it as a suggestion?

In reply to Mia Musolino

by Peter Bowen -

Thanks Mia - glad I wasn't alone in noticing.

I found that it didn't even send the email to the new address....

In reply to Peter Bowen

by Melissa Tommarello -

Hi Peter - This was the same thing that I noticed back in my post in this thread.  In order to get around this I made sure the "Manager's email" field in the face-to-face settings was not ticked.  This is the setting that says, "Ask users for their manager's email address." Then to populate this field I created a process before users booked on a face-to-face session which asked them to go into their profile to fill in the field there.  

This is a bit of a work around, but have been been doign this since November and are users haven't had any problems.

Hope this helps.

Melissa

In reply to Melissa Tommarello

by Peter Bowen -

Thanks Melissa - we are looking at implementing a similar thing here.

Cheers

Peter