Problem Importing a Question Bank into a Lesson

Problem Importing a Question Bank into a Lesson

by John Calder -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I am trying to import some questions into a lesson, I have added the lesson to the topic, I am then faced with the screen that asks

What would you like to do first?

• Import questions
  • Add a cluster
  • Add a content page
  • Add a question page

I click on Import Questions and get nothing, with debugging turned on I get the following error

Fatal error: Access level to qformat_learnwise::readquestion() must be public (as in class qformat_default) in /home/wsmoodle/public_html/vle/question/format/learnwise/format.php on line 189

I have replaced the format.php with a current version but the error is the same it just changes the line number. I wouldn't mind so much but I am trying to use GIFT format not learnwise.... Any help gratefully received. In the mean time I have imported the questions to a quiz with success.

John

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Calder

Re: Problem Importing a Question Bank into a Lesson

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello John,

This is not a problem with question/format/learnwise/format.php but with mod/lesson/format.php and the way the lesson activity try to use the question bank formats. This problem is solved in current versions of Moodle 2.3 or 2.4.

What version of Moodle are you using ?
Generally speaking it is certainly not recommended to replace a single file by the file of another version.