Possible bug with the reminder message

Possible bug with the reminder message

by Melissa Tommarello -
Number of replies: 8

It looks like there might be a bug with the reminder messages.  I have discovered that in the reminder messages, custom field (e.g.  location, venue, room) information does not appear.  In the confirmation message all the inforation is displayed correctly, but in the reminder message the same fields are missing.  Has anyone else had this issue?  I am using Moodle 2.2.2.

Here was a test I did today:

The confirmation message

The reminder message:

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Tommarello

Re: Possible bug with the reminder message

by Peter Bowen -

Hi Melissa,

Yes - we are having similar issues. I thought the issue was gone in our last upgrade, but had it reported back again today.

Any thoughts Alastair?

Cheers
Peter

In reply to Peter Bowen

by Melissa Tommarello -

Peter are you still having issues with this?  It is causing a large amount of confusion for our users.  Alastair do you have any suggestions?

by Peter Bowen -

Hi Melissa,

Yes, we are still having the issue. Although our workaround is to not include it on the reminder. (Looks a bit stupid)

CheersPeter

In reply to Peter Bowen

by Melissa Tommarello -

Thanks for confirming Peter.  Yes, we had to do something similar to work around the issue, but it is not ideal.  This is especially the case as it is coupled with this other issue we are having where the course timings are randoming and automically changing.  It seems that there is no pattern to when or what sessions or courses this is happening to.  They only thing that is consistent is that the session start/end time is pushed back by one hour.

Have you also had an issue with the timings of your courses changing?  This is really causing problems if we don't catch this before people have booked on the course. 

by Alistair Spark -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I did raise this on the tracker earlier https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-4270

In our case the reminder email seems to pull data from the wrong event - maybe not even the correct course.

In reply to Alistair Spark

by Steve Bubb -

Hi All

I am seeing a similar problem. The reminder email is pull the incorrect information for session:location

Any other fixes other than to exclude this information?

Regards

Steve

In reply to Steve Bubb

by David Cook -

We found that line 802 of lib.php is causing the problem:

Change from
$customdata = $DB->get_records('facetoface_session_data', array('sessionid' => $data->id), '', 'fieldid, data');
to
$customdata = $DB->get_records('facetoface_session_data', array('sessionid' => $sessionid), '', 'fieldid, data');