Quiz features

Quiz features

by Juliette Culver -
Number of replies: 3

I'm trying to decide whether I should pester my sysadmin to install Moodle!

I want to write quizzes where students do a question, receive the feedback, do another questions etc. rather get presented with all the questions at once. Can Moodle do this?

I also want to be able to choose questions randomly from a set of questions, but I get the impression that that's fine. It would be nice to be able to set quizzes which a student can do indefinitely given a new question at random from a set of questions each time. In an even more ideal world it would do this until the students gets a certain number correct in a row or something like that.

Thanks,

Juliette

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juliette Culver

Re: Quiz features

by Gustav W Delius -
The answer to your first question on whether a student can do a question, submit the answer and get feedback before moving on to the next question is: in Moodle 1.5 this will be possible.

Selecting questions randomly and letting the students have unlimited repeated attemtps at the quiz with different questions each time is already possible in Moodle 1.4 (and earlier). There is no way to stop students from keeping doing this even if they already get a certain number correct, but then again, why would you want to.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Juliette Culver -

Thanks Gustav!

Do you know if AiM can do what I want, delivering one question at a time? It's obviously pretty much vital for some sorts of formative assessment. I really want to get something small up and running to try out on a few students before their exams at the end of May, but waiting for the next release of moodle might be the best long-term solution.  I've sent the Metric folk an e-mail - I'm not sure what state their question editor is in.

By the way, I was more thinking along the lines of giving the students a message saying 'move onto the next section' when they've got enough questions right than letting them not do the quiz again!  

In reply to Juliette Culver

by Gustav W Delius -
Yes, both AiM and STACK are designed to work the way you want. Both will also be available through the new Moodle quiz module.