Cant get front page description to show in 2.3

Cant get front page description to show in 2.3

by rupert mackenzie -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

I have tried, what feels like, all the settings, i have listed course and categories to none, but just cant get the front page description to show for non-logged in visitor. Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks

Joe

Attachment screen_shot.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to rupert mackenzie

Re: Cant get front page description to show in 2.3

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

By Front page description do you mean the words you have written on that page where you have taken the screenshot? They appear in a side block "site summary" which you have to add. If you want the description to appear in the centre of your front page you need to tick "include a topic section " and then turn on the editing on the front page and type in the description; then save. 

In reply to rupert mackenzie

by Christian Herman -

The description in Frontpage settings is a bit misleading. The site description actually appears in the Course/site description block. Add it to your frontpage to see the description.

To have it visible by only logged out users, the only way I can think of is to create a roll with moodle/block:view set to prohibit and assign it to each user at that block but set the guest role to allow. The guest will be able to see all blocks, though...

In reply to Christian Herman

by rupert mackenzie -

Thank you Mary and Christian for your help. I think it might be the theme i was using or something. I copuldn't get the topic to appear, but i added a label instead and switched off courses appearing. The block did appear Christian, but i wanted it in the centre not left or right (fussy i know)

Thanks again for your help