help - no admin menu working in moodle 24 latest stable

help - no admin menu working in moodle 24 latest stable

by jackie fitts -
Number of replies: 1

I have been reading in the error tracking and also some other folks recently on this board - but after an install on Bluehost of Moodle 2.4 - I can't get to the Site Administration menu - it's not active as a link.

Could it be related to some info about YUI not being loaded - I searched YUI in "search' on the menu where it brings up the choice to load external Yahoo YUI - as someone suggested here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=220234 - however I did click both those options and I still cannot get the Site Admin menu on any browser.

Hoping someone can tell me what is up here.  I have Moodle installed in a directory on my server - and have used other Moodle installs on shared hosting.

If it's a problem with javascript - how can I tell if the YUI is loaded or not - and if it's not a problem w/Javascript - should I install an older Moodle?

THANK YOU

Average of ratings: -
In reply to jackie fitts

solved - help - no admin menu working in moodle 24 latest stable

by jackie fitts -

Finally found the error! The triangles opening/closing the menu were not working on the home page. No permissions at all (000) were set on /theme/yui_combo.php.

I had installed Moodle by uploading the zip (version 24) to a subdirectory, then extracting it on the server - and I guess permissions don't always come out correctly that way (?) 

Hoping there are no other 000 permissions in other files, but for me, this is the answer to this issue.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)