Moving courses up and down course list

Moving courses up and down course list

by Huntingtower School -
Number of replies: 1

I am having trouble locating the permission to allow course creators to move courses up and down the list. For example, we have the category Mathematics, and insider Y7 Math, Y8 math, etc. I as the admin can move those into whichever order I want (namely ascending!) but our course creators are missing the up and down arrows.

I have been through every permission there is and cannot find one that seems to apply to this, other than "Move Sections" which is already allowed.

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Huntingtower School

Re: Moving courses up and down course list

by Travis Wilhelm -

Course Creators only have permissions to edit the courses they created, so therefore they shouldn't be allowed to place their courses above someone else's course.

You can assign people as Managers of the Course Categories (this is what I do with Subject Coordinators) so they have permission to turn editing on in the course category, then move courses.

I suppose if you want it to be a free for all, you could go through and assign all course creators the role of manager within each course category, but I probably wouldn't encourage this.

Hope this helps!

In summary, the way I manage permission is:

• System Manager:  Me and Teaching and Learning Coordinator (could be principal / deputy etc.)
  • Manager in the Maths Course Category: Maths Coordinator
  • Manager in the Science Course Category: Science Coordinator
  • etc.

And then I pass on responsibility to the Subject Coordinator to manage their courses under the guidelines set down for them. Subject Teachers (course creators) then request those people to move their courses where they require them to be.