Proposed tweak to how the quiz displays open and close times

Proposed tweak to how the quiz displays open and close times

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

At the moment, if a quiz has both an open date and a close date, then before the quiz opened, the quiz only showed

The quiz will not be available until Saturday, 23 February 2013, 10:23 am

In MDL-37894, Joseph pointed out that it is important to know the close date (deadline), even before the quiz has opened, so I am proposing to change this to

The quiz will not be available until Saturday, 23 February 2013, 10:23 am

This quiz will close at Sunday, 23 February 2014, 10:23 am

Do you agree that this is a good idea?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Proposed tweak to how the quiz displays open and close times

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Agreed.  Also, as mentioned in another thread, automatic submitting of quizzes when the close date and time arrives.  

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Yes it's a very good idea.

In fact I don't see any reason why someone would want the close date not to be displayed but of course I may be wrong.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Paula Clough -

Great idea!

In reply to Paula Clough

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks everyone. I wonder if I have every made a suggestion that met with such universal approval smile

Which is lucky, because Eloy has already integrated the fix, so it will be in next week's weekly build. (MDL-37894)