URGENT: Need help with email issue

URGENT: Need help with email issue

by Aryashree Pritikrishna -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I have installed Moodle 2.4.1, currently I have issue with email sending. When I created a new user or enroll an user for course they are not getting any Welcome message .

When I have tried for forgot password, the emails are working fine.

Please help me to get out from this issue.

Thank you in advance!

--
Aryashree Pritikrishna

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aryashree Pritikrishna

Re: URGENT: Need help with email issue

by James Richardson -

Hello Aryashree!

Can you check your email logs on the server to see if they are leaving the server? If an outgoing email fails to send you should see it in your server email logs.

Regards,

James R

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to James Richardson

by Aryashree Pritikrishna -

Hi James,

Thanks for you suggestion.

I checked in email log there is no issue with outgoing email. As well I checked sample php email  script, it also working fine. Even when I request for forgot password in moodle that mail coming to mail box. But when I add an user or enroll an user, that time its not working.

Here are my configuration details:

1. Windows 7
2. WAMP server 2.2e
3. Moodle 2.4.1
4. sendmail(http://blog.techwheels.net/send-email-from-localhost-wamp-server-using-sendmail/)

--
Regards,
Aryashree Pritikrishna

In reply to Aryashree Pritikrishna

by James Richardson -

Hello Aryashree!

If you are not seeing any failure in the email logs then the script is not sending at all. Have you tried setting up your Moodle to use SMTP instead of the mail(); function? Maybe the mail function is not working correctly for some reason. Try using an SMTP setup for your Moodle.

Regards,

James R

In reply to James Richardson

by Daniel de Oliveira -

Good Morning James.
I'm having the same problem, already configured the SMTP plugin however keeps giving me error "SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host." Follow the step by step you mentioned.
Did something I should see, maybe the server that hosts if this habilidado sending emails?
thank you

In reply to Daniel de Oliveira

by Paul Cull -

I'm also having the same problem - email send through PHP has worked fine but suddenly stopped in the new version of moodle.

I tried the SMTP version but keep getting the message that my server doesn't permit sending bulk/spam email.

Has anyone got a fix for this?