Site Administation>Appearance for Non-Admins

Site Administation>Appearance for Non-Admins

av John Porten -
Antall svar: 4

Hi.  We are deploying Moodle 2.3 for a number of schools in our district.   Each schools has it own Moodle site and all sites run out of a single CentOS cloud server instance.    Everything is working beautifully from a server/infrastructure standpoint.     Each school has a assigned Moodle adminstrator.    Currently, each of these individuals has full admin access to their respective Moodle sites.

We would like to limit access to certain Site Administration functions for these individuals.    We would like them to have access to Site Administration>Appearance and Site Administration>Plugins, but not have access to Location, Security, Server and Development.   

We attemped to create a new role called 'Superuser', but quickly found out that the site:config permission is an all or nothing proposition, meaning that the Location, Plugins, Security, Appearance, Server and Development menus are all controlled by the same permission.  

Any thoughts on how we can provide Appearance and Plugin menu access, but block Security, Appearance, Server and Development for a non-admin user?     Has anyone attempted to do something similar.

Thanks in advance.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til John Porten

Re: Site Administation>Appearance for Non-Admins

av Justina Torres -

Great question!  I wish I knew the answer myself but I don't, although it would help us with an issue we're having too.  (Sorry!  I'm not much of a programmer.)  One work-around you could try though would be to create your SuperUser role out of something like the manager role (not exactly sure what they have access to) and then make an HTML block with links to the Settings sections that you want them to have access to and place it on the My Moodle page or Site Home restricting the settings so that only the SuperUser role can see.  Maybe with the correct role settings, they can still access the necessary admin pages.  HTH!

Som svar til Justina Torres

av John Porten -

Hi Justina.  I thought about that, but the Appearance and Plugins php programs check the user's permissions before executing.   I'll be working with a dev to do a little deeper dive tomorrow.   If we  come up with something, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (1)
Som svar til John Porten

av Sarah Jane -

Hi John I too am interested in do this - have you found a work around?

Be very interested to hear if you have x

Sarah