word

word

by Michael Fab -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I have just set up a moodle 2.3 (I think) for my students and want them to use the private files area for their work. I heard they are able to directly open and save with word in this are but I cannot work out how.

Any tips on using the private files area for students work?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Fab

Re: word

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. They have a private files area where they can save their work - say at school and then open it , edit and save again at home. However, unless you're using Google docs or Microsoft's online equivalent ( can't remember its name) then they can't automatically open, edit and then save a Word document online in their private files) Think of private files as an online USB pen drive that they can't losesmile And remember too that you can enable repositories (such as Google docs and Drop box) so they can save and retrieve their files from there, not just store in their private files. See Repositories and Private files (which is in effect another repository)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)