Gradebook CDC problem

Gradebook CDC problem

by Dixie Harrison -
Number of replies: 2
I downloaded all the files from the 1.5 directory and very carefully went through my MOODLE version 1.4.4+ files to make the changes.  Uploaded the new files and went to a classroom to see what happens and when I openned the "Grades" link I got a message that says "Could not get an uncategorized id!"

Does anyone have any clues where I went wrong?  Did I not get the correct files?

Dixie
at her wits end  *sigh*

In reply to Dixie Harrison

Re: Gradebook CDC problem

by Jeff Graham -
Hi Dixie,

If you are using moodle pre 1.5 you will just want to grab the files in contrib/gradebook_cdc and ignore the 1.5 folder. So you will need to copy the files from contrib/gradebook_cdc/course to your course directory, contrib/gradebook_cdc/lang to your lang directory. This will get the gradebook up and running if you want to modify your pre 1.5 version to do backup/restore for gradebook info that code is in contrib/gradebook_cdc/gradebook_cdc_backup_code. The files there are from 1.4.3 and may or may not work with 1.4.4+ in that case there is a text file with instructions on how to add the backup/restore code.

It sounds like the error you are getting is from a mismatch of versions. gradebook_cdc prior to 1.5 changes created its supplementary tables automatically. However in moving the code to 1.5 for inclusion in the main moodle distribution I stripped out all of the auto table creation code. So if you grabbed the code from 1.5 and dropped it into 1.4.4+ it did not have its requisite tables set up automatically. To solve your situation just follow the instructions in the first paragraph.

As an aside the 1.5 folder was/is only for modifications to help facilitate merging into 1.5, you should not need to use the code in there for any reason as the code only pertains to 1.5+ and has since been heavily modified and now resides in HEAD under /grade.

hope that helps.
In reply to Jeff Graham

Re: Gradebook CDC problem

by Dixie Harrison -
Thank you very much!  I had a suspicion I might be using the wrong folder but was crossing my fingers mixed    I'll try again tomorrow with the correct files cool  My instructors are very anxious to have a nicer gradebook than the standard gradebook module as they would like to stop using Micro Grade altogether if they can.  Right now they do a "combination" sort of thing with the grades module and Micro grade.

Thanx!