Help With Wild Card Parameters When Setting Up A Quiz Question

Help With Wild Card Parameters When Setting Up A Quiz Question

by Laura Bell -
Number of replies: 3

I'm new to using Moodle and am writing a quiz for the first time. I've been trying to set up what I thought was a pretty straight-forward calculated quiz question and am having trouble with the wild card parameters (specifically the range). I made a short screencast to show the problem I'm having, but the basic idea is I can't get the range to be what I want (it keeps going to a number between 1 and 10 when I enter between 1000 and 10000)...

http://www.screencast.com/t/yq8TwRF0La

I did try both with same existing private dataset and new shared dataset as the option, and it didn't work either time. I had the same problem. I imagine it may be a problem from having some wildcard values already from what I imported, but there must be a way to make new wildcards with new ranges. Thanks for the help! I thought this would be a lot easier...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Laura Bell

Re: Help With Wild Card Parameters When Setting Up A Quiz Question

by Pierre Pichet -

I took a first look of your video and will come back later.

Pierre

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Laura Bell -

I started trying to get it to work again, and when I changed the number of decimal places the answer should have to 4, it now seems to work fine. I'm not sure I totally understand why that is necessary, but it has at least let me start populating the quiz with questions that are functional. Let me know if you come up with any other workarounds or explanations.

Thanks!

In reply to Laura Bell

by Pierre Pichet -

Glad you found a workaround which is the good one given the internal code.

Technically it is related to the output of a very flexible C language function (sprintf) . This seems to have been there since the calculated question creation.

Pierre

P.S. I will look in the tracker and fix a bug if necessary .