Enrolling groups of students into a course to start on different dates

Enrolling groups of students into a course to start on different dates

by Elissa Callaghan -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am just new to creating a teaching program on Moodle. I have many students that need to complete a course. However, these students will start the course at different dates. I know it is it possible to use 'groups' to create different classes within a course. However, is it possible for these groups to start the course on different dates?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elissa Callaghan

Re: Enrolling groups of students into a course to start on different dates

by R H -
Hi Elissa,

You want to do this for each individual enrolment as I don't think you can do this for groups. How are you currently adding your enrolments? If you are adding them via flat file then you can add the start date to each course enrolment. This will then show the student they are enrolled but they can't access the course until after that date.

Richard
In reply to R H

by Dana Liu -

Hi Richard,

I have a similiar need where I have individual students that are being tutored but are using a common curriculum.  Each student has a different start date.  Can Moodle be setup so that each student can progress at his/her own pace and the material for future modules can be revealed to each particular student only when they complete previous modules?

Thanks.

In reply to Dana Liu

by Paula Clough -

Richard,

To reveal different activities to students as they progress through, you will want to take a look at conditional activities.

Paula cool