Specific file in scorm package does not load..

Specific file in scorm package does not load..

by Olof Hånell -
Number of replies: 1

Moodle version: 2.3.2 (build: 20120910). Running on windows based server.

I think I just discovered something wierd, or it may be the package... If a file inside a scorm package is named attachment.swf  (or attachment*.swf where * is anything) it does not load.

I've verified this by running the scorm-package in reload (where it works) and then in moodle where it does not work. By finally renaming the swf it worked.

The request for the file is not event sent, which I've verified using Fiddler2 (a request monitor software).

I do not think it's a problem with pluginfile.php, since then the request would have been made?

the package is produced by a customer using a tool, so it could be something special inside the package too, but in that case i cannot understand why it worked in reload and why it did work when changing the filename.

Some questions I think could be asked that I have answers for:
1. Sure you uploaded the correct file?
- Yes, i renamed it between uploads so it wouldn't cache it somehow

2. is the file mentioned in the imsmanifest?
- Yes, everytime, and reload does not complain

3. Was the file created in another flashversion than you can play?
- No, again, it did work in reload

4. Does you IIS filter out some requests?
- Maybe, but, the request is made from the client and Fiddler would have marked it as an 404 or 301.

5. Could you upload the erronous file in the forum?
- No, I can't, it's confidential.

6. Are you sure about what you have discovered?
- No, since my customer have delivered the files to me they could have delivered the same erronous file everytime, but, it still worked in Reload.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Olof Hånell

Re: Specific file in scorm package does not load..

by Amy Groshek -
It's probably not Reload, but a localhost installation of Moodle, of the same version, that would be most helpful to your diagnostics. Set up a localhost install and see if the package plays fine on localhost.

I don't understand how you can rename the file and still have the call from the parent SWF or HTML file work...? All things that aren't easily checked out without access to the content. Windows handles capitalization and spaces in file names differently that linux, so those are things to look at in the file names, both in the calling file and in the manifest.

Many of the issues with file access from an active SCORM session are actually related to server settings, and not to the package at all. Make sure your moodledata permissions are correct, and check your error log to make sure things are running ok. We run RHEV, and have found that for our servers, when the SCORM content loads, but its unable to load child assets, what's usually required is to disable zlib compression.