Moodle 2.2. - Windows - How to make uploaded documents for an assignment visible to all participants?

Moodle 2.2. - Windows - How to make uploaded documents for an assignment visible to all participants?

by J. S. -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all,

Can someone maybe explain to me how you can make the documents which are uploaded for an assingment visible to all the participants within a course?

I hope you can help me.

Thank you very much in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J. S.

Re: Moodle 2.2. - Windows - How to make uploaded documents for an assignment visible to all participants?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do you mean documents students have submitted? They are private between the student and teacher - if you want them visible then you could use a Forum or Database instead. If you can say a bit more  why you need this then we can offer some other suggestionssmile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Moodle 2.2. - Windows - How to make uploaded documents for an assignment visible to all participants?

by J. S. -

Yes that is exactly what I mean smile

It is just that we would like our students to see each others 'outcomes' of certain assignments.

But I guess we might as well as ask them to put it on a Forum or put it on Moodle afterwards ourselves.

Perhaps you can help me with my other question:

For our 'personal development' section we want to put files on Moodle which can only be seen by the participant and its coordinator. Whatever is submitted in this section by the participant and whatever file is uploaded by the coordinator, the other participants of the course cannot see it and do not have access to it.

How can we achieve that? Through making group (of 1 participant and 1 coordinator) and secure that?

I hope you can explain it to me, because I haven't found any solutions yet.

Thank you in advance!! 

In reply to J. S.

by Derek Chirnside -

J, welcome to Moodle.org.

Re "personal development".  The 1<>1 function does not come built in with Moodle, except as the group option you mention.  (But imagine trying to manage tons of groups, one for each student)

Other options:

1. ForumNG has a 1 to 1 mode.  http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/ForumNG (please vote on the tracker issue)
  2. Dialogue: this is one of the most highly rated plugins: https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_dialogue
  3. I'm sure there is a third, but I can't think of it at the moment.

-Derek