Acceptable SCORM files for uploading into Moodle

Acceptable SCORM files for uploading into Moodle

by Ashley Hartnell -
Number of replies: 4

Hi Guy's,

I'm Using Moodle 2.2.3 (Build: 20120514)

I have been able to publish and upload SCORM 1.2 files to our Moodle site OK. Recently a supplier gave us these files to try. Does anyone recognise the file structure? Look like CD delivery to me, Any ideas. I have enclosed a screen shot.ss

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ashley Hartnell

Re: Acceptable SCORM files for uploading into Moodle

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If you are unsure about 'supplier', think I'd open and inspect the .htm files as well as the .js file in a text editor - that will disclose all.  The index.htm file is the supplier's attempt at a default page on a Linux server (hmmmm, they should know that most Linux Apache servers use index.html).  So the index.htm file and the default.htm files probably contain the same.  Bet they point to 'main.htm' which loads the 'main.swf' and the .js file.

Anway, you can launch those with a workstation browser, once inspected.  Unless you have some adobe product, one cannot inspect the .swf files (shockwave flash).

If doing that, think I'd use opera or even chrome browsers ... not IE and not Firefox.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Ashley Hartnell -

Hi Ken,

I get most of that, thank you, but my question is...What do you think those files would be used for in that format?...Is that in a format I can upload to Moodle? Or do I need to recreate and publish as SCORM 1.2.

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't know what the files are/do ... just like you.  Would assume, just looking at file names, it's not a SCORM thang.  Create a test folder at your web root and upload those files there.  Create a link to the index.htm file in Moodle to open in a new window and let's see what happens.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It could have been an unzipped SCORM file.

However, no manifest file, so it isn't SCORM.