Time gap between quizzes

Time gap between quizzes

by James Brown -
Number of replies: 3

I use quizzes a lot and can manage to force time delay between repeated attempt as well as passing a quiz above a threshold mark before allowing the student to move to another quiz.

Is there any 'trick' that I can use to force time delay (say 1 day, or 1 week )between quizzes? Fixed dates on the quizzes does not work for me as enrolled students take the quizzes at different dates. What I am trying to do is like this, once a quiz is attempted and passed, s/he has to wait for a minimum time period (say 48 hours) before allowing to take the following quiz.

Looking forward to hear your advices and my moodle is version 2.3.2

Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Brown

Re: Time gap between quizzes

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Do the built in setting now work?  I haven't tried these, but it appears that what you want might already be there.

Attachment delay.jpg
In reply to Rick Jerz

Time gap between quizzes

by James Brown -

That was delay between attempts within the same quiz and I've tried that already. What I need is delay between different quizzes.

In reply to James Brown

Re: Time gap between quizzes

by Frederic Nevers -

As far as I know it's not possible using out-of-the-box Moodle. However, you might want to take a look at http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-34314 as someone has proposed a patch to do something similar to what you want to achieve. Warning, it's not easy to implement

Cheers

Fred