Gradebook User Report Unstable

Gradebook User Report Unstable

by Blair Roy -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle v Moodle 2.3.3+ (Build: 20121230)
We just upgraded from Moodle 2.3 last week.

When teachers try to access a student's grades via the gradebook, the drop down menu gets stuck on one student and they cannot change to a new student's records.

The teachers access the drop down menu by these steps - course home page > gradebook > User Report > then try to select a student from the drop down list on the right side of the page.

I have changed the theme, disabled and enabled AJAX in preferences, but neither seem to make a difference.

We did install the newer version last week of 2.3.3+.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blair

In reply to Blair Roy

Re: Gradebook User Report Unstable - Correction

by Blair Roy -

I am going to update this as it is not that the User Report has a problem but accessing the User Report from the drop down menu which is a problem.  The issue seems to be that the drop down menu hangs up on one student or you must make a selection very FAST for the page to reflect a new student record.

In reply to Blair Roy

Re: Gradebook User Report Unstable - Correction

by Jim Judges -

Hi Blair,

Being able to see a summary of grades for users across Moodle (or at least in courses which they teach) does seem to be missing for teachers and even Managers.

I have noticed ( in moodle 2.2 & 2.3) that the Overview report only allows Admin to "Select a user" and then see moodle wide course grades as below:

overview for admin

The only possible solution I have seen so far is this "Site Wide User Report" tool, although I haven't had chance to try it yet:

http://docs.moodle.org/24/en/Site_wide_user_report

Does anyone know why Managers & teachers can't select a user??

All the best,

Jim smile