Export Teacher list from Moodle to Excel

Export Teacher list from Moodle to Excel

by Maldwyn Pate -
Number of replies: 6

How would I export a list of 580 Non-Editing teachers from Moodle to an Excel file? (Moodle 2.1)

I'd be grateful for any help.

Mal

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maldwyn Pate

Re: Export Teacher list from Moodle to Excel

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Site administration > Users > Accounts > Bulk user actions

Click the 'Show advanced' button. If you look down the options you should be able to filter on Course roles assigned. Having filtered out the users you want, one of the options (right at the bottom) is to download them.

In reply to Maldwyn Pate

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

If you do not want to use that method there is an alternative. However, if you're an Admin, you should have access to a ool that would allow you to directly access the database. If that tool is something like phpMyAdmin, or phpPGAdmin, than you should be able to use an SQL statement or to generate a csv file - which can then be opened in Excel. (I am in the process of rebuilding my server, it died on me, so I cannot test this, sorry - but, it should work.)  

In reply to Maldwyn Pate

by Teresa Gibbison -

I have another alternative - using the Adhoc queries report.  I often send information to users with two specific roles (editing teacher and a custom role we have created).  Here is my adhoc report to extract the username, firstname, lastname, email and ID number (which links to our institution id number) with the role ID 3 (editing teacher) and 17 (our custom teacher role.  The Adhoc report provides a csv download link which I then use to sort/filter my list.

select distinct u.username, u.firstname, u.lastname, u.email, u.idnumber FROM {role_assignments} AS ra, {user} AS u WHERE ra.roleid in ('3', '17') AND ra.userid = u.id

So many options smile

Cheers
Teresa

In reply to Maldwyn Pate

by Nejc Razdrih -

Hi all! I'm trying to download all our teacher users AND the courses in which they are enrolled. Is that possible? I downloaded a list like Howard said (Bulk user actions), bt it does not seem to have a list of courses, only their Name, email, City, skype... but no list of courses.

I want to upload the csv to another moodle installation, without having to enroll every teacher by hand. Is there a way?

Thanks, Nejc