Course Handbook Feature

Course Handbook Feature

by Matt Porritt -
Number of replies: 3

Does Moodle have a Course Handbook feature?  We're currently running Moodle 2.2

For courses that have self enrolment enabled is there a way to provide comprehensive inoformation about that course prior to a user enroling themselves into it? That is a "course handbook" that displays infomration on what the course is about, the requirements of the course, length of course etc?

I've had a bit of a look around and haven't been able to find anyway of doing this.  All of our users are authenticated (no guest users). I know you can click on the "information icon" of a course in the course list to display the course descption.  I'm more after something like a browseable (or even searchable) course information guide.

Has anyone implemented something like this?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Porritt

Re: Course Handbook Feature

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Not as such, but you can create a series of HTML pages that you can link to from the front page via a HTML or menu block.

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Matt Porritt -

Hi Colin,

Thanks for you reply, I was thinking of doing this as a fallback.  I just wanted to make sure I had missed anything before I started down my own solution.

In the long(er) term I may look into a course handbook block that will handle this in a more elegant fasion.  Perhaps have it draw on the DB for things like the course name and description, per haps even an activity summary genereated from the course.

But for now a HTML or main menu block will do the trick.

Thanks,
Matt P

In reply to Matt Porritt

by E. L. Cooper -

I would suggest the information you are describing should be in the summery area when you create a class.