Mobile theme for Moodle 1.9.x - any recommendations?

Mobile theme for Moodle 1.9.x - any recommendations?

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi.

I am sure that this has been asked before...which Moodle theme is good for Moodle 1.9.x? Can anyone recommend any good theme for Moodle 1.9 that runs on 3"/4.5"/5"++ smartphones other than the whiteorangepda theme?

I know that Moodle 2.x has some great themes.  But I'm still on the Moodlesaurus 1.9.15.

Frankie "Flinstone" Kam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frankie Kam

Re: Mobile theme for Moodle 1.9.x - any recommendations?

by Frankie Kam -

Specifically, any Responsive Theme for Moodle 1.9.x?

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Not that I know of...but I could certainly try to adapt the Isometric theme to be responsive.

Mary

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Frankie,

Take a look HERE at a prototype Moodle 1.9 Bootstrap theme.

It's not easy to do but I think this will work. It needs more styleing.

Let me know what you think?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -

Just incase you missed this Frankie.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Frankie Kam -
Hi mary. Nice theme for your site.
In reply to Frankie Kam

by Mary Evans -

Thanks but it does not seem to be as responsive as I thought it would be.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Frankie Kam -

Hi Mary. To tell you the truth, the first time I surfed to the website via the link you provided, I tried to look for a download link that said "New Theme" or something. I was using my Samsung Galaxy Young (tiny 3.5" srceeen) to navigate and well, it wasn't responsive to me since the screens didn't resize to fit my wee-small -little device in my hand. But as surfing to it on my desktop PC, it's nice. I think I would prefer the borders to be not so explicit strong black, rather I feel that I would prefer if the borders were a bit more subtle, let's say, greyish (IMHO).

Theme

I 'toned down' the black/dark-gray borders to a lighter shade of gray for a more subtle look.

Frankie Kam

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Mary Evans -

Hi Frankie,

I got my son to test it out on his iPOD the other day and I was disapointed that it did not work the way it does on a PC. My son thought it may be the fact that the resolution that the iPOD uses is surprisingly bigger than the resolution I set in the theme.  According to Apple it is 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 pixels per inch. I'll change the settings and send you a copy of the theme. If it works I'll try and adapt Isometric for you which will be fun as I love that theme. smile

Thanks for letting me know how it worked or didn't as the case may be! LOL

By the way...just incase you did not try this...but if you float your browser screen and then push the right side of the screen towards the left, the them shrinks to a narrow sincle column theme.

I'll post some images...

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Frankie Kam -

Hi Mary

float your browser screen and then push the right side of the screen
> towards the left, the them shrinks to a narrow sincle column theme.
>
You're right. It does shrink to a one column content page.

>. I'll change the settings and send you a copy of the theme. If it works
> I'll try and adapt Isometric
>
That would be nice.

Frankie