Undefined Variable Error in Rocket in Moodle 2.3.3

Undefined Variable Error in Rocket in Moodle 2.3.3

by Graham Clark -
Number of replies: 6

I've downloaded Rocket and installed it on my Moodle 2.3.3 site but I can't get it to work properly. In particular, I'm getting the error message below:

Notice: Undefined variable: PAGE in /home/gracconc/public_html/theme/rocket/renderers.php on line 185

What does this mean and how do I fix it? Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Clark

Re: Undefined Variable Error in Rocket in Moodle 2.3.3

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-3763

Looks like it has been reported already and not fixed yet either! sad

In reply to Mary Evans

by Graham Clark -

Hi Mary.

OK. Thanks. By the way, I tried editing the renderers.php file as per Paul Vaughan's two posts from November of last year in the above link.

After making the suggested changes my original "Undefined variable: PAGE" error disappeared along with a few other errors.

However, I was still left with an "Undefined variable: formclose" error and an "Undefined variable: formopen" error.

In reply to Graham Clark

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Emma got it to work according to here comments in the tracker issue I linked to above.

Have you tried purging all caches?

I'm about to try it out and see if it makes a difference. PHP? bah humbug!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Graham Clark -

Hi Mary

Sorry for the delay but I had to put I had other things I needed to get done. I've just purged all caches and my Moodle's Rocket theme is still showing the 'formclose' and 'formopen' errors. Any suggestions?

Regards, Graham.

In reply to Graham Clark

by Mary Evans -

CLICK HERE to download the latest 2.3 version of Rocket theme.

After unzipping this file, try comparing your current renderers.php with the renderers.php in this latest version which is, according to the datestamp, 6 days old.

Hope this fixes it!

Mary