Limit Online Users block to only show users in the course?

Limit Online Users block to only show users in the course?

by Brian Peat -
Number of replies: 3

Anyone know if there is a way to make the online users block only show users that are in the same course as the person viewing the block?

We run an online school and the students don't interact with other students in other courses. I've disabled viewing the block for everyone but admins, but it WOULD be kind of nice to let the students see if their classmates (usually no more than 15 people) are online. Or if the student was in 3 courses, he would see anyone from any of the 3.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Peat

Re: Limit Online Users block to only show users in the course?

by Brian Peat -

I need to test our new school with some fake users, I just realized by navigating some of the courses that I'm not enrolled in that I don't appear in the online list...meaning it might already be doing what I want it to do smile

In reply to Brian Peat

by Rosario Carcò -

You have ANOTHER Block you can use in your courses, it is called PEOPLE, displaying a PARTECIPANTS link. It will show the enrolled users in the course area.

So the best thing to do is really COPY the existing online users block and modify it to only show a list of enrolled users inline in the block itself. I think this could be done in one or two days work.

Let me know if I should give it a try. Rosario

In reply to Rosario Carcò

by Brian Peat -

I use the people block already, and I've hidden the online users block from students, so for now I think we're good. Since the students don't interact much anyway, I'm not sure we need them to see when other students are online anyway.

thanks!