Import questions with attachments

Import questions with attachments

by Martin Groesbeek -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

Just finding my way in to Moodle, and managed to import quiz questions for a simple questionnaire. I like to use the Aiken (or any other flat-text based) import to import questions.. However... Some of my questions have an attachment in the form of a link to a page/picture. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to import questions with a html link as an attachment?

I only use multiple choice questions. The attachment is to clarify the question with a picture or additional text.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Groesbeek

Re: Import questions with attachments

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is only possible with some formats, like Moodle XML. The simple text formats cannot handle it.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Import questions with attachments

by Jeff Jones -

I just migrated from Moodle 1.9 and I am having problems on how to write my quizzes so students can open up a .pdf attachment.  The "Print and solve this problem" is a link in the course to a pdf.  How can I do something like this in Moodle 2.4?  Here is what I have been using:

<p><a href="https://www.class4me.me/file.php/17/Quizzes/Chapter1/1-1-1/1-1-1-1.pdf" target="blank"><span style="color: #0000ff;"> Print and solve this problem, </span></a>then select the most appropriate answer below.</p>