Can't change theme (Moodle 2.4)

Can't change theme (Moodle 2.4)

by Manuel Pérez -
Number of replies: 6

Please, help!

I have just installed Moodle 2.4 and uploaded a few themes. I installed DECAF and it was ok. I just uploaded the Aarvardpostinote and Rocket themes but I haven't been able to try them out because I can't change the theme! Everyting goes well until I get to the screen with the theme I am using now (decaf) but when I click "change theme" the screen just goes blank and nothing else happens. Could anyone help me, please?

Thanks.

Attachment themeproblem.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manuel Pérez

Re: Can't change theme (Moodle 2.4)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Looks like your PHP has run out of memory!

If you can try enabling debugging... Site Administration > Develoment > Debugging you need to set it to Developer Mode

In reply to Mary Evans

by Manuel Pérez -

Thanks.

Going to enable debugging right now.

In reply to Manuel Pérez

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you don't get any ERROR messages, then try disabeling 'Mobile detection' in ...

Settings > Site Administration > Appearance > Themes >Theme settings

this will change the way themes are displayed in Theme selector.

If you still get a white page when you try to select a theme from ...

Settings > Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme selector

then try removing all the theme's you added and see if that makes things work better?

It may be a clash between Decaf and Rocket theme as they are very similar code wise.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Manuel Pérez -

Thanks again. I had to remove the last two themes I had added (rocket and aardvardpostit) and now it works fine.

I really appreciate your help and Happy Xmas!

Manuel

In reply to Manuel Pérez

by Mary Evans -

Happy Christmas to you too, Manuel.

As for the themes, if I were you I would try adding/installing one theme at a time, and find out which theme is causing the problem.

If you could test this and let me know I would be most interested to find out why you had that problem. It may be someting in the one or both of those custom themes that needs to be fixed.

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Phillip Wong -

Hi there. 

I seems I too am having the same problem as Manuel Pérez. The problem is the Rocket theme unfortunatly. 

I'm running Moodle 2.4+ (Build: 20130111) and theme_rocket_moodle23_2012070500

I can't figgure out why and I am suffiently new to Moodle (as a site admin) that I need to delete Rocket for now and put it into the "too hard basket".  

That's a shame because I really want my site to look "less moodlely" as Julian has described it. 

-Phillip

EDIT:

I also notice this thread: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=219274

and this bug tracking log: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-3763