Invalid Login all the time.

Invalid Login all the time.

by alex crampton -
Number of replies: 8

Hi All,

I am using Simplescripts to install Moodle onto a hosted server from ipage.

The installation completes with no errors but i cant login no matter what. The admin login doesnt work and nor does the guest login. It just gives me a "invalid login, please try again".

Ive uninstalled , deleted files and reinstalled 3 times now.

And now im completely lost to what im doing wrong or needs to be done.

Moodle 2.3.2
PHP 5.3.13
mySQL 5.0.91-log

If anyone can help me out. thanks in advance

Alex

Average of ratings: -
In reply to alex crampton

Re: Invalid Login all the time.

by amy Doty -

I have also tried to no avail.  The only thing I can think is that Moodle 2.3  Requires: PHP 5.3.2, MySQL 5.1.33 and ipage is still on php 5.1.13 and mySQL 5.0.91

Did you find a solution?

In reply to amy Doty

by Mark Iannone -

You need to phone the techs at ipage and have them increase the php to 5.3.2 and the mySQL to 5.1.13. The server cannot read the moodle code, so it does not let you login. If they cannot do it, you need to get a different host. I suggest Host Gator. I had to switch because of the same problem and everything works nicely now and it can handle 7 blocks of 30 chemistry students.

In reply to alex crampton

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

https://www.simplescripts.com/hosting

https://www.simplescripts.com/script_details/install:Moodle

says it installs via FTP version 2.3.2 of Moodle.  FTP has been known to hicup and not transfer all files ... plus permissions on files/folders have to be set appropriately for the hosting providers system (not all, of which, are alike).

https://www.simplescripts.com/script_details/install:Moodle#issues

Also says to contact them if there are issues.  Now I know that means you are now in the middle ... between hosting provider and simple scripts/community support and then using this community for support. 

Hmmmmm ... not a good position to be in.  The only persons here that would know for sure would have to have used the same script with the same hosting provider.  The rest of us can only provide best/educated guess based upon information shared/provided.  Don't be surprised if there are more questions than answers here because of that.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Nick Barnes -

I've been running into the same problem with IPage. For the moment they don't support Moodle beyond version 1.9.10 (because of issues with PHP version as suggested here). 

So, if you want the latest version of Moodle don't choose IPage.

In reply to Nick Barnes

by James Miller -

I've actually dug in deeply on iPage's moodle issue and it turns out that it's the binlog_format cannot be changed to mixed or row.

I ended up rewriting all references of READ COMMITTED to REPEATABLE READ and that at least got the install working!

Here's my thread response on a different thread below.  If anyone needs help I could package the 2.6.1 version I'm using on iPage now and make available!

---

This was a big help getting installs to work on version 2.0+ on a hosted mysql environment where I couldn't set session or globals for my instance (iPage.com).  I would note that I couldn't get things working with editing just the single file.  I ended up editing them with a one-liner perl script.

perl -i -p -e 's/READ COMMITTED/REPEATABLE READ/ig' moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-ado_mssql.inc.php moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-pdo_mssql.inc.php moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mssqlnative.inc.php moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-odbc_mssql.inc.php

moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-ado_mssql.inc.php:

$this->Execute('SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ');

moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-pdo_mssql.inc.php:$this->Execute('SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ');

moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mssqlnative.inc.php:$this->Execute('SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ');

moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqlt.inc.php:{ READ UNCOMMITTED | READ COMMITTED | REPEATABLE READ | SERIALIZABLE }

moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqlt.inc.php:$this->Execute('SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ');

moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysqli.inc.php:$this->Execute('SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ');

moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-odbc_mssql.inc.php:$this->Execute('SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ');

moodle/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-pdo_mysql.inc.php:$this->Execute('SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ');

moodle/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:return 'ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ';

moodle/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:case 'REPEATABLE READ':

moodle/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:case 'REPEATABLE READ':

moodle/lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php:        $sql = "SET SESSION TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ";

moodle/lib/dml/mssql_native_moodle_database.php:        $sql = "SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ";

moodle/lib/dml/mssql_native_moodle_database.php:        $sql = "BEGIN TRANSACTION"; // Will be using REPEATABLE READ isolation

moodle/lib/dml/sqlsrv_native_moodle_database.php:        $sql = "SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL REPEATABLE READ";

In reply to James Miller

by william dickson -

James could you please please package the 2.6.1 for me? I have tried to get this to work but have failed. I am sure your instructions above is complete but to a novice like me it is like being in summer school for the advance.

WIlliam

Dickson73@aim.com

In reply to william dickson

by James Miller -
A little more on the iPage environment..
They have a 75k/hour read (possible write??) limit on the Mysql engine.  I am maxing it after backing up and reloading questions.  I've had enough with this hoster...

On Bill's question.  I do have the site "running" though it's slow and there are occasional SQL ERRORS.  I'll tarball the 2.6 modified version I have working and send it around.
In reply to william dickson

by James Miller -

Bill,

I got swamped this summer but will try to do a backup and send you.  Drop me a note if it would still be helpful