Trouble installing web service plugin.

Trouble installing web service plugin.

by Duncan Cole -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I've been trying to add some more external functions and make them accesible via a web service but have hit an issue. I've based it off the webservice plugin template and when I copy the plugin to the local directory moodle detects it as normal and "installs" it. The quotes are there because it doesn't appear to have worked completely. There is an entry for my plugin in the Admin->Plugins->Local but I cannot add any of the functions to my web service as they are not present in the dropdown. (I assumed that's what services.php was for?)

I feel I'm missing a step here.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Duncan Cole

Re: Trouble installing web service plugin.

by Patrick Pollet -

@Duncan

Are you sure you properly filled the file db/service.php with your functions declarations and you service name ? 

And if you did it, did you increased by 1 the value of $version in local/myplugin/version.php ? 

See http://docs.moodle.org/dev/Creating_a_web_service_and_a_web_service_function#Bump_the_plugin_version

HTH

In reply to Patrick Pollet

Re: Trouble installing web service plugin.

by Duncan Cole -

I gave that a shot and it did trigger the update process but much like the install one, it didn't appear to completely work. I don't know if it's significant but when you say ok to the upgrade (on the Notifications page) it goes to the /admin/index.php?confirmplugincheck=1 page. All that it is on it the heading "Upgrading to new version" and the plugin's name. Nothing else and it never redirects away from this page. If I navigate back to the Notifications area it appears that the upgrade has been successful.

I've attached my module.zip file. I'm not a PHP developer by trade, so I expect that there will be some issues in externallib.php (I'm just trying some stuff out) but I figured it would still be able to install as long as that services.php file was correct.