Attendance Block Broken. No Help In That Forum

Re: Attendance Block Broken. No Help In That Forum

by Doug Moody -
Number of replies: 4

Marcus,

Did you read the MDL alert referenced in the error message? I did, but didn't understand it!wide eyes

In reply to Doug Moody

by Fabrizio Ciommei -

We have incontered the same problem with the same symptoms after the module installation on Moodle 2.4.

Any news from the Attendance Module maintenance team?

Thanks in advance for the collaboration.

Best regards,

Fabrizio

In reply to Fabrizio Ciommei

by Doug Moody -

Fabrizio,

Is anyone using 2.4 NOT having problems with the attendance module? Or maybe this is only affecting a few of us. I would like to know why only a few are having issues with it if that is the case.

In reply to Doug Moody

by Fabrizio Ciommei -

Hi Doug,

I try to explain better how the issue sort out: after the Moodle 2.4 upgrading (from 2.3) and the latest Attendance Module version installation, I try to use it for the first time and it sort out the following error

“coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PAGE->yui2_lib() is not available anymore, use YUI2in3 instead, see MDL-34741 for more information”.

then I expect that it seems a plugin code problem (a link with the YUI libraries) and it will be fixed in the next version.

Finally, the question is: should we wait the Attendance Module latest fixed release or an update Moodle fix so it exposes only the YUI3 library link?

I hope that now the situation is more clear.

Obliviosly, in case of need, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for the collaboration.

Best regards,

Fabrizio

In reply to Fabrizio Ciommei

by Clayton Mitchell -

My 2¢ worth.

I upgraded to 2.4 just before the holiday break and when I got back into work today, I was greeted with this error message. I think that this is not an isolated issue but only affects instances that have been upgraded to 2.4.

I would vote for the most expedient fix as this is a module that is heavily relied on for the people that are using it. This will probably be at the plugin level not the moodle code level, but I am not a programmer so this is only my opinion. 

I am assuming that it is not something as simple as going back to the code and pointing to the new libraries?