Question type disappeared

Question type disappeared

by David Dunn -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle 2.2.3 (Build: 20120514)

Hi all,

I note that today all my matching quiz questions no longer work.

I get the following error, with debug info:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Unknown question type match

More information about this error

Stack trace:

• line 97 of /question/engine/bank.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 787 of /lib/questionlib.php: call to question_bank::get_qtype()
  • line 815 of /lib/questionlib.php: call to _tidy_question()
  • line 264 of /question/engine/bank.php: call to get_question_options()
  • line 46 of /question/preview.php: call to question_bank::load_question()

//////////////////////////////////////////////

The error message has been previously discussed, but seemed to be connected with importing quiz questions across different moodle versions. In my case, the questions were made directly in the current version.

What is odd is that the Matching question type has disappeared from my installation. In Site admin->Plugins->Question types->Manage question types, the Matching icon and name appears as a question mark and "missing type".

The only changes I have made recently have been to fix a bug with the hotpot module (see discussion here). However, I don't think the standard moodle quiz is related to this.

So what's going on?

- David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Dunn

Re: Question type disappeared

by Rob Johnson -

Look in /question/type for a "match" directory on your web server.  If the code is missing, you can add it back (use the same build).  If the directory exists, look at the permissions.  Make sure it is readable by the web server.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: Question type disappeared

by David Dunn -

Hi Rob,

I had anticipated your suggestion and found that the Match directory had physically disappeared from the server. Weird!

I have uploaded a copy of the missing directory and the match questions now work again normally.

I will ask our university sysadmins how the directory could have vanished.

Thanks for your input, Rob.