including my site into moodle

including my site into moodle

by George Psirids -
Number of replies: 1

Hello, I think maybe this is not the category I should have posted it , but having scolled 3-4 times to the forum categories I'm still unsure where should I put this so I decide to post it here smile

My name's George , I am having a question concerning my site I'm building for my university. I am using moodle 2.3.3

I have built a site as my teacher asked that it can use the users that are already in the moodle's database of my uni . My first solution to this problem was to built a login form and copy the users of moodles database to a new database of my own , but my teacher asked me to include my site into moodle , and get the trace of the currently logged in user instead of using a login form.

I suppose that must be like how the plug ins are created , but I hardly hardly have any experience with it . It took me months to get sufficient skills in php-html and javascirpt to create my site so , making my site as a plug in seems really difficult to me !

Also , as I was creating my site , I never took into consideration of moodle's architecture, I was just creating and testing it on localhost with some dummy users I made.Finally , my site is like an online quizz game that's supposed to make the students of my university compete each other to achieve better scores .

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Average of ratings: -
In reply to George Psirids

Re: including my site into moodle

by James Richardson -

Hello George!

From what it sounds like, it appears you want your Moodle to be a part of your existing website design layout. What you can do is create a theme for your Moodle that is identicle to your existing website. That way when the students log in to the Moodle, it looks like the existing site. See the following on how to create a theme.

Themes 2.0 creating your first theme

Once you have the theme created, you can build the whole site in Moodle by creating the pages for the courses like a website (Just like the developers of this site did). You can see how to make the Moodle site look like a webpage in my tutorial on customizing the Moodle Frontpage.

You can also make a Category and create a Course for the purpose of making pages. See this forum discussion on How do i create a non Course Area? I hope this helps you!

Regards!

James R