2.3.3 drag and drop into a folder not working

2.3.3 drag and drop into a folder not working

by Lael ... -
Number of replies: 8

Hi All,

Using Moodle 2.3.3 we are finding that when you create / have folder and click the edit button and then drag and drop more files into the page, they are not showing up. I'm not sure how to check in the back end if the files are actually uploading, but the progress bar does pop up, then go away, the file shows as being uploaded, and then click save, and the file vanishes.

Ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lael ...

Re: 2.3.3 drag and drop into a folder not working

by Lael ... -

update - just upgraded to 2.3.4 - still the same issue present.

Love some help with this. Does anyone know of any Apache config settings / php settings etc that might be impacting on this or how to gather more information?

Thanks,

Lael

In reply to Lael ...

by Bret Miller -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I think we might need more information. I have Moodle 2.3.4 as well. Folders aren't something we generally use, but I just created one on our test site uploading 1 file to it and saved it. It displayed the file when the folder was selected. Clicked Edit, dragged another file into it and saved it. Turned editing off the in the course and displayed the folder again... now there are 2 files present. So not sure why it's not working for you.

I am using Chrome 24 as my browser with very few extensions.

In reply to Bret Miller

by Greg Relaford -

This is a YUI3 issue, which is added into Moodle in the jump from Moodle 2.2.x to 2.3.x and higher.  It's a trouble ticket on Moodle Tracker, YUI development, internal Chrome development, Moodlerooms, and where I work...a headache.  AJAX is broken in Firefox and Chrome, in Moodle with this upgrade, but the latest IE on Windows, and reportedly on Safari...work.  My Chromium (latest version on LTS Ubuntu) works.  

It's related to mouse vs touchscreen input triggers.  Listed as critical ticket.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Greg Relaford

by Lael ... -

Greg - thank you!!!

I had heard about those issues, but not thought that it would be the cause of this too. I'll try another browser and report back.

Can you link the ticket on tracker?

In reply to Lael ...

by Lael ... -

no dice. It seems that safari also doesn't work. Neither does clicking through the buttons.

the following error message seems to be part of the problem;

Error code: filenotfound
* line 467 of \lib\setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
* line 1918 of \lib\filelib.php: call to print_error()
* line 3990 of \lib\filelib.php: call to send_file_not_found()
* line 38 of \pluginfile.php: call to file_pluginfile()

In reply to Lael ...

by Lael ... -

This is still an issue for us, but I realised why others might not be seeing the issue.

If we click on the edit icon on the course page when in editing mode it works fine. File uploads and shows up normally.

However, if you click on the folder link, and view the file list and then click the 'edit' button on the bottom right - we get the bugs described above.

Clicking on the Edit Settings in the Settings block also works normally.

If you try this you should notice that the interface is different - only a save changes button rather than 'save and return to course' or 'save and display'.

Can some other people please test this and verify?

Attachment editbutton_diffinterface.png
Attachment moodlefolderuploadbug.png
In reply to Lael ...

Re: Solved!! 2.3.3 drag and drop into a folder not working

by Lael ... -

Turns out the issue was a Moodle file permissions issue. It seems a critical bug that Moodle is preventing something from happening, but not providing any error / freedback to the user about why.

The permission:

Use uploading in file pickerrepository/upload:view

was not set - resulting in file uploads being denied. Set for Teacher and everything is back to normal as it should be.

Attachment filepicker_folderProblem.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)