Portfolios: User's skills

Portfolios: User's skills

by Thanasis Nterelis -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everyone,

I am new in moodle and in moodle community so i' m not sure if this is the right forum to ask my question.
I would like to know if there is any way for a user ( learner ) to add his/her skills, abilities and current knowledge to his/her profile , and if possible to export this information in some format.

Thank You

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Thanasis Nterelis

Re: Portfolios: User's skills

by Derek Chirnside -

Welcome to Moodle Thanasis.

The answer is possibly this:

• No, not with normal Moodle tools or any of the Moodle interfaces.
  • But if the data was in the database a simple query could get it out.  But I do not know how to write the query.  smile

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Thanasis Nterelis -

Thank you for your answer  Derek smile
Could you expalin a bit further your second bullet? How would someone put the data in the database ?
If i got your first bullet right, something like that would be impossible through the moodle interface

-Thanasis

In reply to Thanasis Nterelis

by Derek Chirnside -

I probably wrote too quick Thanasis

If your guys put their skills in as tags into their profile, then this information will be in the database, and you can get it out with a database query.

Problems with this: you will also get a lot of other junk as well I suspect.

I guess I was responding to your comment "If they put it in their profile"

Taking a pause here, Could a database or a Google form (these are really cool!!) server your need?  I'm just not exactly sure what you want: some people to enter their skills and you to get it out in a spreadsheet?

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Thanasis Nterelis -

What i want to do is this:
At the first step a user (student) will add in his profile information about his current skills, knowledge etc. Also he will add information about something he wants to learn in the future.
At the second step i want to retrieve all this information, export it in an xml format, if possible and do some further processing.

After some research i came across a plugin for moodle, it's called exabis competencies that might be what i want, not quiet sure yet.

If anyone has used it before, any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again smile
Thanasis