LDAP with Active Directory - Error writing to database

Re: LDAP with Active Directory - Error writing to database

by Dan Bennett -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Siamak,

Sorry - I'm  using IIS. Windows Server 2008.

When I change a value in AD this does update in the Moodle profile, however I'm unable to get city and country to work. Only Firstname and Lastname. 

As you can probably tell, this is the first time I've looked at AD properly. Normally it's all working for me already! :P

In reply to Dan Bennett

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Did you have a look at this http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/LDAP_authentication#Data_Mapping ? (and the whole page in general)

On the other hand, the "...!!! Error writing to database !!!" error message usually means a LDAP settings configuration error. But you'll need to enable debugging in Moodle in order to get the actual database error message. That message will help diagnose the configuration problem.

In addition to that, specifying your Moodle version would certainly help wink

Saludos.
Iñak.
In reply to Iñaki Arenaza

by Dan Bennett -

Hi,

Yep I've read that and mapped everything that is needed. Things are working from AD to Moodle, but not Moodle to AD (If someone changes their name it doesn't get reflected)...

The "Error writing to database" message comes from when I run the ldap sync php script manually, not from a page within Moodle. So that isn't possible to debug.

FYI - Moodle version 2.4

In reply to Dan Bennett

by Dan Bennett -

Hmm. 

It'll appear that since I moved the moodle site from domain.com/site to just domain.com, it is now working.

Odd ... But huzzah!