Skype with Video Beta in Moodle

Skype with Video Beta in Moodle

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Translators

Hello,

As many of you realize then Moodle is up front with voice integration since January 10 this year, and Skype Call access will be a natural part from the the Moodle version 1.5.

But did you realize that the SkypeSee (Skype with Video) is in the beta stage where you can test it?

You can test it out and give the developers your requests here:

www.skypesee.com

Download and discuss the tool - go to the forum part of skypesee.

Happy Moodleing.

BR
Jens Gammelgaard

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Skypesee

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Apart from the name (which probably violates a trademark) this product is not related to Skype in any way.

And while it might be nice to say Skype is "in" Moodle smile all we have done is expand the old ICQ link in the user profile to handle links to Skype, ICQ, MSN, AIM etc. Which is useful, for sure, but let's not go overboard with the marketing-speak. wink Otherwise we'll have to say we integrate Google, Windows, Mac OS X, Word, Flash, MP3, and the whole Internet tongueout

On the other hand maybe there is a job for you in Moodle marketing.  smile
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Skypesee

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators

Hello Martin & Moodlers!

Your modesty is cute smile but can be difficult to use in marketing, as creativity in accounting.wink

I think from Moodle users point of view now: If I can find and call another Skype user via Moodle with no extra clicks. Then Skype is integrated in Moodle in a useful sense.

I don't know if this could be a discussion among jurists - the information was only meant to be useful and inspiring.

BR
Jens 

In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Skype with Video Beta in Moodle

by Martín Langhoff -
I'm not entirely sure of what this Skypesee thing is. As MD said, sounds like a trademark lawsuit in the making. The features it offers are very similar to current-ish versions of Gnomemeeting, which do NAT autodiscovery.