Unlimited timelimt to edit posts

Unlimited timelimt to edit posts

by Karrie V -
Number of replies: 4

Is there a way to allow students to edit their posts at anytime?

Thanks!

PS - I am also still having trouble with the Recent Activity block it wont show my logs does anyone know how to fix this???

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karrie V

Re: Unlimited timelimt to edit posts

by Andrew Steele -
There may well be ways of allowing students the ability to edit at any time but it would, in my opinion, be a mistake to do so if it is possible.

My assumption over the 30 minute restriction is to allow some small adjustments and corrections - even withdrawl - before the contribution is sent to all those receiving copies by Email.

Once the Email copy is distributed it would be a mistake to allow further editing since the message would them be in the public domain and subject to comment which could then become meaningless if the original poster changed their contribution.

Andrew

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andrew Steele

by Karrie V -

I see what you are saying.  In our case my students do not have email so that wouldnt be a problem.  If you know how to set it up so that they can edit at anytime I would be forever grateful.

In reply to Karrie V

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
You can alter the max editing time from 30 minutes to 1 hour via Admin > Configuration > Variables