"Persuading" a Quiz activity to appear inside (embedded) of a topic - *not* at the end

"Persuading" a Quiz activity to appear inside (embedded) of a topic - *not* at the end

by Dom F -
Number of replies: 0

Dear All,
I posted a request for any suggestions on workarounds to the sorely needed INLINE quizzes for Moodle and someone suggested posting here (as well as the scorm discussion)

Im simply trying to put assessment *within* the text, not way out on the fringes of an activity. I dont even mind if the score isnt retained. Sometimes positiing and placement of quick simple assessments is more important than what I appreciate is a fabulous quiz module...

If you're interested - here is a screen grab from a fully working in-line quiz using jquery, but as I say, it was only achieved at the "heavy cost" of hacking into my theme header, and i cant do that for every new quiz I want to create!

I say "javascript free" becuase I have managed to get (this)  jquery javascript example working in a moodle course label (or web page or whatever) but then noticed that the answers were hard coded into the jquiz.js file and I really dont want to hack the header.html file in my moodle theme folder everytime I need to call a fresh new jquiz.js file for use in a new quiz?

I know lots of people (apparently) have been asking MHQ for inline quizzes as well as the somewhat ghettoised end of topic / course quizzes, and I'm sure one day we'll see them, but I suspect that MHQ have higher priorities, but I'd be very interested to know if anyone has done this WITHIN topics, maybe using elearning tools , maybe with iframes (yes I know about iframe issues) . and without having to constantly hack the header file?

Any suggesions greatly appreciated

Dom

Average of ratings: -