Taking attendance via card swipe

Taking attendance via card swipe

by Kelly McCullough -
Number of replies: 3

Question

Has anybody investigated or implemented a card swipe system for taking attendance for Face-to-Face sessions?  Any guidance you can provide or vendors you researched?

Background

We use F2F in Moodle 1.9 today (hoping to migrate to Moodlerooms joule 2.2 if they will support F2F…they don’t right now…but I digress).  We have offline courses we manage using F2F that have hundreds of attendees and are sometimes taken in rooms without internet access.  We hope to setup an external card reader in these rooms for students to card swipe their existing ID badges when they arrive.  We would then look to get this data into Moodle once the reader/attached computer came online.  This would eliminate a huge bottleneck in our process.

Thanks in advance,
Kelly

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kelly McCullough

Re: Taking attendance via card swipe

by Steve Barry -

HI Kelly,

I was wondering of you found an answer to the card swipe/Face to Face in Joule2? We are not using a card swipe, however we do use F2F for enrollment in to our live webinars. We like that it sends a notification and the link to the enrollee. We are going to upgrade to joule2 but one hesitation is the loss of F2F. Have you done the upgrade or find a workaround?

Steve Barry

In reply to Steve Barry

Re: Taking attendance via card swipe

by Kelly McCullough -

Hi Steve,

No, I never received an answer on this.

The only way we could get F2F to work with Joule 2 was to pay Moodlerooms to do a code review on the module.  Then they would include it on their 'matrix' of plugins they support.  Since that time we decided to move away from using joule for our needs requiring F2F for live training.

Kelly

In reply to Kelly McCullough

回复: Taking attendance via card swipe

by Luna Leng -

Hi Kelly,

Years later,  another solution for your reference and others.

If you want to setup an external card reader, you can take a look at Syncotek swipe card reader, such as Syncotek SC-600, it has USB interface, just attach it on your computer can work, this item can also used for Identification such as your need swipe your students' existing ID badges when they arrive.

Syncotek SC-600 Card reader