forum notification stopped working

forum notification stopped working

by Mark Underwood -
Number of replies: 3

My messaging system is working, including an email notification of a moodle message,  but whenever a post is made to a forum now, no email notifications are sent.  This was working until about a week ago. I don't think any changes have been made. Running 2.2.4.  The cron job is running.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Underwood

Re: forum notification stopped working

by anh pham -

Yes, I got exact the same problem. Email configuration works, when I send an message to user, they receive an email message.

Recently, when I made a post in forum (user already subscribed) system didn't send email message to user to notify them there is a post in forum.

This work before, nothing change.

Could someone show me how to find out what could the problem be?

In reply to Mark Underwood

by P H -

Hello,

I have a similar problem. The news forum stopped sending email notifications to the students a few days ago though it continues sending an email to the administrator any time a new post is added. 

I can't be exactly sure but I think it happend after upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3.

Any ideas? 

Thanks, 

P. H. 

In reply to P H

by P H -

For the benefit of others: 

I have managed to sort out the problem, which was due to a strange change in role permissions after upgrade. 

We have defined a "member" role (based on the "student" role), but strangely after upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 there were changes in several of the permissions in this role, including "allow forced subscribe", as a result of which the members had been unsubscribed from the course news forum.