Customizing the certificate output

Customizing the certificate output

by Dave P -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I've managed to get my custom certificate working just about perfectly thanks to this forum.

I have only one remaining issue that I can't seem to crack.

Two of the fields (grade, units) have a colon added to them before the data. In order for me to align my field titles flush left, I had to use a language override.

The override works, but I'm stuck with the colon thats generated with the grade and unit fields. See attached.

I've seached the forum, all of the certificate files in the mod directory and can't find where the colon is being added in.

Anyone have any idea where I can either find this bit of code or how I can suppress its output?

Attachment certificate.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave P

Re: Customizing the certificate output

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi David,

Depends what version of the certificate module you are using, if it's the latest then the ':' for the grade is being generated in the function certificate_get_grade in the mod/certificate/lib.php file and the ':' after the credit hours is being generated in the mod/certificate/type/<typeyouareusing>/certificate.php file just below

"if ($certificate->printhours) {"

Regards,

Mark
In reply to Mark Nelson

Re: Customizing the certificate output

by Dave P -

Thanks Mark! That did the trick.