Sessions, cookies, login problems and no style loading after installation

Sessions, cookies, login problems and no style loading after installation

by Suzanne Jensen -
Number of replies: 1

After doing a fresh install this message appeared at the very beginning after installing the config file:

Warning: mkdir(/home/tnzbaaq/univmdat/sessions): Permission denied in /home/tnzbaaq/public_html/univ/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 3317

ERROR: Could not find or create a directory (/home/tnzbaaq/univmdat/sessions)

Though I was able to access my home page to edit it, no styles loaded and log in was impossible.   First this message appeared:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tnzbaaq/public_html/univ/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php:3317) in /home/tnzbaaq/public_html/univ/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1842

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/tnzbaaq/public_html/univ/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php:3317) in /home/tnzbaaq/public_html/univ/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 1843

Then it said "No cookies are enabled in your browser"  I checked the "cookies" and they are enabled.  Am I supposed to enable popups for this site as well?

(Using Windows XP)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Suzanne Jensen

Re: Sessions, cookies, login problems and no style loading after installation

by Jamie Pratt -

looks like Moodle is trying to make a directory in /home/tnzbaaq/univmdat/sessions but it doesn't have permission to do this. Is your data directory setting set to somewhere where the php script has write access to?