IP address control

IP address control

by Ian Hunt -
Number of replies: 2

We run some mini-exams that are written in a specific location (controlled by IP address). We would like to be able to block access to Moodle practice materials during those sessions. Is there a way to block IP addresses ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Hunt

Re: IP address control

by Ray Lawrence -

I read your related post. I liked Tim's retrospectve log review, grade to zero response.

Here's an off the wall suggestion. How about a reverse-conditional-access option like:

When attemptng [Quiz name] hide completely/or grey out.

I've no idea if this is possible within the core CA functionality but I was having a blue sky thinking moment.

In reply to Ray Lawrence

Re: IP address control

by Ian Hunt -

Maybe... The first wrinkle I detect is that if they open the practice before the exam then it wouldn't be caught.  As I think about it more, I think browser control (limited to single window, single tab) in going to be a key feature.

Of course the other alternative is to control access to each separately from a time perspective, but I feel that is disadvantaging students who want to practice "late" who are being honest.

Blue sky is fine, the posts were related to a desire to see if others may have encountered and solved or have just such ideas. The downside to Tim's (1) is the time and I'd rather find a prevention over a cure.