How do we select Groups in HotPot reports?

How do we select Groups in HotPot reports?

by Linda Harrison -
Number of replies: 2

Moodle documentation on Hotpot reports for 2.2 (we are using 2.2.3) seems to indicate that we should have a dropdown to select by group – we do have a Filter area at the top, but that doesn’t seem to have the option to select by group – in 1.9 our staff had a Report section across the top with a dropdown showing the default All users, but on dropping down it listed all the students names, but at the top of the list each one of the Groups set in the course was available.  We seem to have a Filter in 2.2.3 - User full name; grade; time; duration; status; and rawscore - I have tried putting the group name in full name, but that has no effect – but then adding any student’s fore-,  surname or full name to the User full name in the Filter also has no effect!  The groups are set up fine within the course and the HotPot has ‘Separate groups’ selected in the Settings.  Can anyone shed any light for me?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Linda Harrison

Re: How do we select Groups in HotPot reports?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Linda,

you're right there is no way to select groups on that page. On further invetigation, I found that actually even the filters that are present on that page are not effective at the moment, so it looks like I need to give htat page a bit of attention.

Please leave that with me for a couple of days, and I will let you know when the filters are fixed and a "Group" filter has been added.

regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: How do we select Groups in HotPot reports?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Dear Linda,

I have fixed the filters on the HotPot reports so that there are effective in filtering users and attempts displayed in the reports.

If you have groups/groupings enabled in a course, the "Group / Grouping" filter wil appear automatically on the HotPot report pages.

Please update your HotPot module when you have a chance, and let me know if it works how you expect.

http://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_hotpot

best regards
Gordon