quiz error and JustHost.com

quiz error and JustHost.com

par Jason Clark,
Nombre de réponses : 4

I transfered my domain to justhost.com in August.  I setup (with their install script) Moodle 2.3 and created my classes and started running.  While I've had some odd things come up, they were user/training issues.  

Then today I created a quiz and 10 sample questions....

I logged on with a test user who is valid for the class in which the quiz is created.  I took the quiz and got some right, some wrong.

Then I logged back in as my teacher account and tried to click on results.  I got the following error message:

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.mydomainnameishidden.com/moodle/mod/quiz/report.php?id=72&mode=overview. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I have contacted the support people at JustHost.com, but it would be handy if I could give them some more ideas.

I've been hyping an online quiz on Monday using Moodle.  What will I do if I can't give my students their first quiz in my cool new Moodle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Jason Clark

Re: quiz error and JustHost.com

par Sam Mudle,

That error is not Moodle's fault, it's because either their MSQL or Apache server crashed.

I'm assuming you are using the cheapie shared hosting plan.

I was on JustHost on Moodle 2.1 for a year. While they are polite and responsive, I found that their shared servers crashed often enough to be too much trouble.

I migrated to another host.

En réponse à Sam Mudle

par Jason Clark,

Jeremy,

Would you be willing to send me a private message with the name of the provider you switched to?

I was one step up from cheap - I have a private IP number with them.

En réponse à Sam Mudle

par vouty -,

Hi,

I want to start a website with moodle and I'm interested for more information on the website you choose .

Facts is that this morning I tried to install Moodle ... problem was that linked Moodle release on my host requires PHP 5.3.2 and host have PHP 5.2.17. So it's a bad indicator for me. 

Is it possible to contact you in private  ?

En réponse à vouty -

par vouty -,

Justhost gave me the procedure to upgrade my website for PHP : working. Thank you to the support team

Still the same question for having  no crash of server .... if somebody can help me for having a host solution may be smaller but reliable ?

What is your background with your websites in this area ?

Thank you for your future comments