quiz error and JustHost.com

quiz error and JustHost.com

by Jason Clark -
Number of replies: 4

I transfered my domain to justhost.com in August.  I setup (with their install script) Moodle 2.3 and created my classes and started running.  While I've had some odd things come up, they were user/training issues.  

Then today I created a quiz and 10 sample questions....

I logged on with a test user who is valid for the class in which the quiz is created.  I took the quiz and got some right, some wrong.

Then I logged back in as my teacher account and tried to click on results.  I got the following error message:

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://www.mydomainnameishidden.com/moodle/mod/quiz/report.php?id=72&mode=overview. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I have contacted the support people at JustHost.com, but it would be handy if I could give them some more ideas.

I've been hyping an online quiz on Monday using Moodle.  What will I do if I can't give my students their first quiz in my cool new Moodle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Clark

Re: quiz error and JustHost.com

by Sam Mudle -

That error is not Moodle's fault, it's because either their MSQL or Apache server crashed.

I'm assuming you are using the cheapie shared hosting plan.

I was on JustHost on Moodle 2.1 for a year. While they are polite and responsive, I found that their shared servers crashed often enough to be too much trouble.

I migrated to another host.

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Jason Clark -

Jeremy,

Would you be willing to send me a private message with the name of the provider you switched to?

I was one step up from cheap - I have a private IP number with them.

In reply to Sam Mudle

by vouty - -

Hi,

I want to start a website with moodle and I'm interested for more information on the website you choose .

Facts is that this morning I tried to install Moodle ... problem was that linked Moodle release on my host requires PHP 5.3.2 and host have PHP 5.2.17. So it's a bad indicator for me. 

Is it possible to contact you in private  ?

In reply to vouty -

by vouty - -

Justhost gave me the procedure to upgrade my website for PHP : working. Thank you to the support team

Still the same question for having  no crash of server .... if somebody can help me for having a host solution may be smaller but reliable ?

What is your background with your websites in this area ?

Thank you for your future comments