Facetoface 2.2.1 Released

Facetoface 2.2.1 Released

by Alastair Munro -
Number of replies: 18

Hi Everyone,

Facetoface version 2.2.1 has been release and includes a number of bug fixes and a few additions that make it compatible with Moodle 2.3.

Cheers,
Alastair

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Alastair Munro

Re: Facetoface 2.2.1 Released

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Alastair,

after upgrading on my moodle 2.3.1 I get the following error message when I try to add a new session or edit an existing one:

ERROR: Incorrect number of query parameters. Expected 1, got 0.

Flotter

In reply to Flotter Totte

by Alastair Munro -

Hi Flottter,

I am having trouble reproducing this bug. I have tested it on both a fresh install of Moodle 2.3.1 and an upgraded Moodle 2.3.1 and have been unable to reproduce the bug. Would you be able to turn on debugging and get some more information? and also tell me when exactly it appears. Does it happen when you click the add session button or when you click the "Save changes" button after entering details? It would be also be helpful to know if you have any custom fields and which settings you have chosen for the session.

Thanks,
Alastair

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Alastair,

this is the debug message: 

Notice: Undefined variable: params in /public_html/testserver/mod/facetoface/lib.php on line 3619

It hapens when I click the lnk "Add a new session"

Some additional info:

• PHP Version 5.3.16

Cheers,

Flotter

by Mark Whitington -

Hi Alastair,

I have had a similar issue but used a suggestion from an earlier posting as a work around...

In the site admin settings I unselected the "Session role" where it indicated "student".

I was then able to add sessions including the 3 custom fields that I have set up. Having tested it a bit I can get the student grades to flow through to the grades book; manually add and remove students and take attendance as intended.

Apart from unselecting the site role it seems to work well for me.

Cheers

Mark

by Dennis Dobrenko -

Hi, I'm new on here and in moodle development in general.

on moodle 2.3.2 I found a bug in your old and new release, which gave me empty editor field when i wanted to edit session details, even tho database was updated.

long story short, on line 210 " $toform->details = $session->details;" should be "$toform->details['text'] = $session->details;"

after I did that I was able to edit session details.

Dennis.

In reply to Dennis Dobrenko

by Peter Bowen -

Hi Dennis,

Meant to reply with a thank you - confirmed the bug in our system and patched it. :D Nice work.

Cheers
Peter

In reply to Dennis Dobrenko

by Richard Wallace -

Dennis

Thanks for the fix, works perfectly.

Just to let others know it is in the sessions.php file

Cheers Richard

by Klaus Westermann -

Hi Alastair,

my problem is, that the event/session dates are shown as global dates in the calendar, not as course dates. So our calendar is overcrowded with thousends of session dates.

Is there a workaround to solve this problem?

In reply to Klaus Westermann

by John St -
I'm wondering this myself. The sessions all show up in ALL courses upcoming events block. It would be nice if they just showed up in activities's course cal.
In reply to John St

by Gordon McLeod -

Hi,

The same issue existed on 1.9 version -  http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-2850 - but I thought this was changed to display a course based activity for calendar, but could also write to the global calendar. I've not yet used f2f on our 2.3 site - but was about to update today when I read through the forums. This would be a real pain on an otherwise great tool.

In reply to Gordon McLeod

by Jenna Pitcher -
Hi Gordon, In our case, an F2F activity allows us to schedule our courses in various cities around the country. If the sessions did not display on the global events calendar, we would have to create them manually, so that our customers would still be able to view these upcoming classes regardless of whether or not they were enrolled in the course or even registered on the site. This change would considerably diminish the value of the F2F module to us. I understand how important it must be for other users of the module to have the sessions viewable as a course level event, Perhaps a setup option where you could choose to display the session as either a global or course event would work. Regards, Jenna
In reply to Jenna Pitcher

by Alastair Munro -

Hi All,

Just thought I'd let people know that there is some work in progress to increase the configurability of the calendar events. Hopefully once that is done it will work for a lot more possible situations and be much more flexible.

Cheers,
Alastair

by Gordon McLeod -

Hi Alistair,

Great to hear it.

Jenna - I agree that there are different use cases - it's the ability to make it configurable as either/or that's important. When you've got 40+ courses using the block having all sessions display globally becomes a negative as users get swamped with upcoming events - but I certainly see uses for being able to display a session globally to alert all users (eg drop-in sessions).

Regards, Gordon.

by Aylwin Cal -

Hi,

Is there any update on this?  I, too, would like to be able to set F2F sessions as course events rather than global events.

Thanks,
Aylwin

by Vlad Comsa -

Hey guys,
 I'm new here and I just have a question or two ... I have to use Moodle 2.4 for a project, soo is there a version of the face 2 face add-on for Moodle 2.4?

Thank you,

Vlad.

In reply to Vlad Comsa

by Mia Musolino -

The current version of face to face works with our installation of Moodle 2.4.

In reply to Mia Musolino

by Vlad Comsa -

Ok, thanks. I'm going to give it a try and reply you again in case I have any issues.

Thanks again,

Vlad.

by Janette Dimitrova -

It is a great module. Thank you for keeping up with it. Couple of questions:

1. We have not been able to display sessions on the course page (Windows install, Moodle 2.4)

2. All links to the documentation on the module download page are broken. Is there documentation we can use at different location?