JQuiz links in title problem

JQuiz links in title problem

by María José Blanes -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I'm a Moodle Admin so I don't know so much about Hot Potatoes.

When I try to upload a jquiz or HTML file that has links or images in the Title text box, these are not shown in Moodle 2.2. (Some screenshots attached )

In Moodle 1.9 it works fine.

Is there any solution? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help,

María

Average of ratings: -
In reply to María José Blanes

Re: JQuiz links in title problem

by Stan Bogdanov -

Hi Maria,

Absolute URLs will do, but it will make the quizes inflexible when and if you move them around other courses.

Why do you put these in the Title text box?

Stan

In reply to Stan Bogdanov

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

And Maria, cold you confirm that you have uploaded the images to the source file area of the HotPot activity (the same place that you uploaded the Hot Potatoes JQuiz file to on your Moodle site). Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by María José Blanes -

Hi!

Gordon, I've upgraded the Hotpot module and now, I can restore a course from Moodle 1.9 with hot potatoes activities, but the first time I click on one activity I get the error message "Source file not found (or empty):/listen/unit10.htm". (I'm using an Oracle database and Moodle 2.2.3+)

Then, I edit the activity, and the HTML file do exist so, when I click on Save button the activity works perfectly.

On the other hand, you were right: I have to upload the media files or images in the same place that the main file is. This solves the problem of the links and images in the title field.

And Stan, I don't create de Hot potatoes activities. Teachers do. And I'm only trying to import the activities from a Moodle 1.9 instalation to a Moodle 2.2. But it is a good advice for teachers. Thanks for your answer.

I was a bit lost ...
Thank you very much for your help